Wish to stop a moment in time... Wish to hold on to your most special memories, literally, physically, forever. Your wish is my command.

About Me

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Ciao! My name is Elisabetta Monari and I'm an artist reborner. My passion for dolls and art started in childhood, and the love for children soon after. I combined them in reborning, the art of creating still shots of infancy, tridimensional portraits achieved with many layers of translucent paint on a "doll canvas" sculpted by another artist. I'm also trying my hand at doll restoration, reborn restoration and sewing BJD outfits, for a change... this is my creative time, stay tuned for more!!! :D

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Re-rooting Kieran

I received my new needles from DollsbySandie in the mail and decided to try them against the ultimate challenge: black yearling mohair.

You can guess why I still had this baggie of black yearling I bought years ago... it was way too showy to root with my old, "stab" method. I won't even call it a technique, since at the time I learned rooting was still at its beginnings (yeah this dates me as a reborner!).

Anyways, since I always envisioned little Kieran with a full head of jet black hair, I chose him for the challenge. And I'm very happy with how he came out!!

The needles pick up the hair effortlessly, I was able to separate and root only one hair at a time.
Sweet Kieran slept through the whole process! ;)





No comments: