Wish to stop a moment in time... Wish to hold on to your most special memories, literally, physically, forever. Your wish is my command.

About Me

My photo
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Ciao! My name is Elisabetta Monari and I'm an artist reborner. My passion for dolls and art started in childhood, and the love for children soon after. I combined them in reborning, the art of creating still shots of infancy, tridimensional portraits achieved with many layers of translucent paint on a "doll canvas" sculpted by another artist. I'm also trying my hand at doll restoration, reborn restoration and sewing BJD outfits, for a change... this is my creative time, stay tuned for more!!! :D

Saturday, February 14, 2015

R.O.S.E.International Doll Show!!!

Finally after three years of absence from the doll show scenes I decided to bite the bullet and accepted to exhibit at the R.O.S.E. International Doll Show in Denver, CO!

The show will be held in July 2015. Of course being the usual procrastinator I find myself with only a few months to complete enough babies to fill a table, their clothing, and choose a theme and set up.

I've decided to reopen my blog and use it to chronicle this long journey, possibly daily or at least every few days, to keep you all updated with my works in progress.

So far I've completed Miracle by Laura Lee Eagles. She was supposed to be a keeper to console me from selling her sister Esme, but since Esme seems to be irreplaceable in my heart, poor Miracle will come with me at the show. She sports probably the best rooting I've ever done, with a longer do than I'm used to.

After Miracle, I put in the works two more babies: Joshua by Jessica Schenk, a sold out micro preemie kit, and Kylah by Wendy Dickinson.

I decided that since I have a closet full of hard to find kits I might as well create some for the show, so my "mommies" will be sure that their baby is unique possibly on the whole showroom floor. ;)

Here is Miracle:




Joshua and Kylah so far, plus Pixie who is awaiting rooting: 

And now... back to work. Time for some painting and a good cup of tea. :D

2 comments:

Debbie’s Babies said...

I am trying to learn to root! You do some good work...what kind of needle do you use?

Debbie

Elisabetta's Babies Studio said...

Thank you!! I use a 42g crown needle.